Frequently Asked Questions
We are an automotive company, can you provide us with prototype components in PDC ?
What are the types of RPT components you provide for Automotive OEMs?
- Cylinder heads with Combustion Chambers machined or as cast with desired DAS value, for Diesel and Petrol engines, from Aluminum and Iron.
- Crankcases with or without Liners and bearing seat, Cam-Covers, Intake & Exhaust Manifolds, Cam-Shafts, Bed-Plates, Oil Sumps, etc.
- Turbochargers (turbine housings, center(bearing) housings, compressors
- Intercooler housings and heat exchanger
- Gear boxes, clutch housings, transmission housings, differential cases etc.
- Chassis and frame components
- wheel carriers, axles, suspension parts, steering components
- Exteriors like mirror holders, extra large intake and exhaust pipes (truck & bus)
- Roof connectors etc.
What about your services to Aerospace?
Aerospace castings in Aluminum or Magnesium alloys, being critical and requiring special equipment and facilities are usually poured in the client’s foundries.
In special applications and by high grade of complexity this tooling can be combined with prototype technology, as a mix of tooling, sintered or printed cores.
What is the minimum and maximum number of prototypes you can provide?
What do you mean by serial castings?
Castings are usually in quantities that can be managed for their complete production with our soft tooling. Starting with prototype parts, the same soft tooling is then continued to provide a series of components.
Though the quantity required is not large, the demand in its complexity and criticality is quite high, and such castings need special attention, just like prototype development. And that’s what AAM is skilled at.
What is hybrid technology?
What other types of castings you cast?
with our traditional technology and skill, have been developing since 1981.
Today with our large Sand Printing machine, the same has become quite convenient and lets us deliver the
casting exceptionally fast.
Any other questions?
CONTACT US TO GET YOUR ANSWERS
A. A. Modelleria
A. A. Modelleria s.r.l.
Via Roma, 142
10060, Roletto (TO) Italy
tel: +39 0121 542858
fax: +39 0121 542878